Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm still alive

Sorry for my absence.

I became sick last Wednesday and got even more ill on Friday. I was having severe headaches, chills, aches, and high fevers. I laid around the house all weekend with plans to go to the doctor on Monday. I essentially slept through Monday waking up at like 4pm and an hour too late to call the doctor, so I thought I would try again on Tuesday. Well at like 7pm I began having severe chills so I took ibuprofen 800mg and tried to rest. I woke up at 9 with chills and felt very hot. I took my temp and it was 103.2 so took Tylenol and feel back to sleep. My hubby texted me at 1023pm and I checked my temp and it was 102.1. I said I'd give it another hour and see. I woke back up and 1245am and was drenched in sweat and burning up. My temp at that point was 104.1 so I texted my hubby and he told me to go to the ER.

At the ER they immediately took me back because they thought I was going to pass out. They said I was severely dehydrated and got 2 IV bags of fluid in me. The doctor was concerned so he ordered a ton of tests. They took 9 vials of blood, did a CAT scan, took chest xrays, and urine test. He said the tests were all negative and he ordered a spinal tap fearing I had meningitis. I freaked out because I have never been sick with the exception of strep throat and colds. I called my hubby at work bawling and begging him to come to the ER. He left work and they wrote him up. The doctor explained the spinal tap procedure and risks. My husband convinced me to get it. It was so painful. I had to lay flat and still for an hour. While laying there the doctor checked what I thought was a bug bite that I said was painful. He said it looked to be infected and needed to be lanced. He numbed the area and they cut it open (major ouch!). He said it was very infected and thought it could be MRSA. He took a biopsy and sent it for testing. He packed the area with something and stitched me up. He gave me 5 vials/bags of antibiotics in my IV and 3 pain pills.

He thinks I have both meningitis and MRSA, but will not get all the results until Thursday. Right now I am taking 5 prescriptions and alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen. I can barely walk, sit, stand, or lay without being in severe pain from the biopsy. I have also been having spinal headaches and back pain from the spinal tab.

When I know more, I'll update again. I hope everyone has a nice day.


  1. My word that is awful? Is there anyone who can help you? I would bring over chicken soup but it is too far. I am so sorry.

  2. Hoping for a quick recovery. Take it easy and just lay still


  3. Oh my! :( Sending thoughts & prayers your way! Hang in there!!

  4. Oh my....that is terrible!!! Take care of yourself, and just work on getting better.

  5. There are no words. I hope they can figure out what is happening in your body and help you through it. I dislike that your hubby was written up for a personal emergency.

    It seems you are to work hard on your health at this time.

    I pray for both a medical diagnosis to what is happening to you, and that you experience a speedy recovery.