Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My hubby, my hero!!

My husband has taken on the two jobs. It's going to be so difficult for him. When he walked out the door this afternoon for his next 8 hour job, I bawled. He begins his day working 7am-4pm, comes home to shower, eat dinner, nap if he's lucky, leaves again for his second job from 5:30/6pm-2:45/3am. He is doing this all on 4 hours of sleep. I feel horrible that he has to do this because I cannot find a job. Grr.

I had another interview today and have 2 more set up this week. The interview that I had this morning already called me back for a second interview next Monday. Fortunately, two of the three jobs are in my field. I am also pursing a job with the gasoline station in which I was an assistant manager in college. Hopefully since I left on good terms, they'll hire me back!

We posted a bunch of stuff on Craigslist (2 cell phones, 2 bunk beds, a twin bed, new car audio, kitchen table, large painted pictures, and a lawn mower). So far both the cell phones have sold and one of the bunk beds is about to go if the guy can get a truck to haul it with. We are posting an ad in the paper for our yard sale Saturday--$9--for an ad. It seems really expensive especially considering we live in a very small town.

Ya'll should be proud of me! I called all the people we owe money to and set up payment plans, deferments, or extensions. Everyone was so willing to work with us. Our mortgage company said that we would qualify for 4 plans that help us out in our situation. Our banks that lend for our cars, has given us an extra month to find a job to pay. All the doctors' offices were totally understanding and just asked us to keep them updated. Looks like the only thing that we may not be able to keep is our Internet/Cable, which is fine with me! My hubby will be heartbroken with no TV. though.

I think God has His hands on us. We are very fortunate.

8 comments:

  1. good on you for making those phone calls! Thats a big step and just keep in contact with them if you can't make the payment or if you're going to be late.
    thats great that your selling some stuff and canceling the cable.
    you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! just keep positive chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! This post sounds MILES away from your last one. Keep praying, keep trying, and keep on keepin' on! Hopefully a good job will come your way, and your hero of a Husband won't have to be 'flying' like this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When things are tight, we do what we must do in order to survive. It helps to know that it won't be like this forever, and hopefully you will find work sooner rather than later.
    When we were at our lowest point, Hubby & I made ddrastic changes so our family could survive. It seems that is excatly what you two are doing.
    Keep thinking positively, and giving your troubles to God, and all will work out in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! It's so easy to bury our heads in the sand when the going gets tough. Today's trials won't last forever and God will always be there to see you through.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're on the right path! Good for you calling your debtors & explaining things to them! As for hubby & tv, he has no time now anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great you are being proactive. You may not have a job yet but you are working to improve your situation. As soon as you get your job , hubby should cut back, we don't want him to get sick! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!! I'm glad I have all of you during this crazy time. Making those phone calls was not a pleasurable experience, but I am glad I did it. It feels like a lot of pressure has been lifted off my shoulders. Craigslist also quickly helped with the sale of all our old cell phones.

    ReplyDelete